A Special Family Event with Nike Veterans, Live Reptiles & Food Trucks
COLD WAR ~ COLD BEER ~ COLD-BLOODED
Join us for a special fundraising event to support the NIKE MISSILE BASE in EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK with Nike Missile veterans, live reptiles, food trucks and more on Saturday February 25 at the home of South Florida wildlife biologist Joe Wasilewski. The event begins with a special VIP bus tour of the Everglades Nike Missile Base (9 AM to 1 PM) followed by the main event (1 to 4 PM) at Joe’s home in the historic Redland (24305 SW 142 Avenue, Homestead FL 33032).
- Experience the history of the Nike Missile Base, one of the best-preserved relics of the Cold War in South Florida.
- Talk to Cold War veterans who served in South Florida during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Meet the volunteers and NPS rangers who are working to preserve the history of the former U.S. Army base inside the park.
- Enjoy wildlife demonstrations and live reptiles including a Galapagos tortoise, Eurasian eagle owl and American crocodile.
- Meet the celebrated python catchers from India – the Irulas – who are helping to track invasive Burmese pythons in the Everglades.
- Enjoy lunch from one of Miami’s most popular food trucks – your choice – Ms. Cheezious or Poblanos Mexican Fusion.
Event tickets are $125 for adults and $75 for kids for the MAIN EVENT, including a food truck lunch, cold beer and drinks.
Tickets for the MAIN EVENT and BUS TOUR (bus tour is optional) are $150 for adults and $85 for kids.
Seating for the bus tour is limited so book early if you’d like to join us for this portion of the event.
Event proceeds will support Nike Missile Base programs in Everglades National Park.